947. Power to accept documents not meeting requirements for proper delivery
(1) The Registrar may accept (and register) a document that does not comply with the requirements for proper delivery.
(2) A document accepted by the Registrar under this section is treated as received by the Registrar for the purposes of section 951 (public notice of receipt of certain documents).
(3) No objection may be taken to the legal consequences of a document's being accepted (or registered) by the Registrar under this section on the ground that the requirements for proper delivery were not met.
(4) The acceptance of a document by the Registrar under this section does not affect—
(a) the continuing obligation to comply with the requirements for proper delivery, or
(b) subject as follows, any liability for failure to comply with those requirements.
(5) For the purposes of—
(a) section 428 (default in filing accounts), and
(b) any applicable law or regulation imposing a daily default fine for failure to deliver the document,
the period after the document is accepted does not count as a period during which there is default in complying with the requirements for proper delivery.
(6) But if, subsequently—
(a) the Registrar issues a notice under section 969(4) in respect of the document (notice of administrative removal from the register), and
(b) the requirements for proper delivery are not complied with before the end of the period of 14 days after the issue of that notice,
any subsequent period of default does count for the purposes of those provisions.