948. Documents containing unnecessary material
(1) This section applies where a document delivered to the Registrar contains unnecessary material.
(2) “Unnecessary material” means material that–
(a) is not necessary in order to comply with an obligation under these Regulations, and
(b) is not specifically authorised to be delivered to the Registrar.
(3) For this purpose an obligation to deliver a document of a particular description, or conforming to certain requirements, is regarded as not extending to anything that is not needed for a document of that description or, as the case may be, conforming to those requirements.
(4) If the unnecessary material cannot readily be separated from the rest of the document, the document is treated as not meeting the requirements for proper delivery.
(5) If the unnecessary material can readily be separated from the rest of the document, the Registrar may register the document either–
(a) with the omission of the unnecessary material, or
(b) as delivered.