998. Duty to take precautions against falsification
(1) Adequate precautions must be taken by companies–
(a) to guard against falsification of company records, and
(b) to facilitate the discovery of falsification of company records.
(2) If a company fails to comply with this section, a contravention of these Regulations is committed by every officer of the company who is in default.
(3) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (2) under this section is liable to a level 2 fine.
(4) This section does not apply to the documents required to be kept under–
(a) section 215 (copy of director’s service contract or memorandum of its terms), or
(b) section 223 (qualifying indemnity provision).