1. Listed Entities should note that some of the Listing Rules are Security-specific and many apply exclusively to Issuers of Shares.
2. The Regulator may waive or modify one or more requirements of this chapter for Issuers of non-debt or equity Securities where appropriate provided such waiver or modification would not unduly prejudice holders of the Issuer's Securities.
3. The Regulator may waive or modify one or more requirements of this chapter for an Issuer of a secondary listing if:
a. the Issuer is from a jurisdiction acceptable to the Regulator because the regulatory regime as it applies to listing is broadly equivalent to the ADGM's regulatory regime;
b. adequate arrangements exist, or will exist, for co-operation between the ADGM Board or the Regulator and other Person responsible for regulating the Regulated Exchange on which the Securities are listed on a primary listing basis or for regulating listed Companies in the jurisdiction where the Securities are listed on a primary listing basis; and
c. holders of the Issuer's Shares would not be unduly prejudiced by the waiver or modification.
4. The Regulator may also modify one or more requirements of this chapter for an Exempt Offeror who wishes to voluntarily comply with the Listing Rules in order to include its Securities on the Official List and thereby seek admission to trading on a Recognised Body. Without such a modification an Exempt Offeror cannot have its Securities included in the Official List. This is because section 50(3) of the FSMR requires that a Recognised Body shall not permit trading of Securities on its facilities unless those Securities are admitted to, and not suspended from, the Official List.
5. The Regulator is aware that the timing of admittance to trading may not always coincide with the listing application process. However, in practice, the Regulator will generally provide the Applicant with a notice of admittance to the List on condition of a successful admittance to trading on a Recognised Body within a specified period. This notice of admittance can be provided to the relevant Recognised Body when seeking admission to trading on a Recognised Body. At all relevant times the Regulator expects to be in contact with the relevant Recognised Body on which the Securities are to be admitted to trading.
6. The ADGM will maintain the Official List on the ADGM website.
7. A Person who wishes to make a complaint about a Listed Entity should use the complaints portal on the ADGM website.